DPS Travel Advance in 23 Easy Steps
You cannot use a mouse. This is all text oriented. User arrow and enter keys.
- Click on POISE — this may be an icon at the bottom of your screen or you can find it in applications.
- Type username and password.
- At "$" sign, type DPS and hit enter.
- Arrow to "REQ" and hit enter.
- When "REQ" entry screen comes up, hit F7.
- Type "TR" or enter F9 and scroll to travel request, hit enter.
- Vendor number: Type first 3 letters of your last name, scroll down to your name , hit enter (names are not alphabetical by first name) or type 88888, hit enter. Note: If you name is not in the vendor list, call the business office and find out what your number is and write it on this sheet.
- Leave vendor contact and fax blank, hit enter each time.
- Date: enter a Friday date before you need the travel advance. The business office asks that you have your requests in by Tuesday of each week. Example: you need a travel advance on Wednesday, April 10. Your request should be made before or by Tuesday, April 2 with date needed listed as Friday, April 5. Date needs at least 6 digits. Example: 041002 (no spaces or dashes)
- Message — leave blank, hit enter.
- Requested by: name of person making request, hit enter.
- Ship to: name of person who needs travel advance, hit enter.
- Bldg: type name of building, hit enter.
- Ship to: enter #1 or CTRL-L for options. Storm Lake is #1, hit enter.
- Via: leave blank, hit enter.
- Press F7 to add travel information, hit enter.
- Account number enters automatically, hit enter.
- Type purpose of meeting, hit enter.
- Destination: enter destination information, hit enter.
- Date Depart: enter date (6 digits), hit enter
- Date Return: enter date (6 digits), hit enter
- Total Amount: enter amount, hit enter.
- Enter F10 to exit. At the $ sign type LO (log out).