Are you interested in being recruited to play a sport at Buena Vista University? On our Storm Lake, Iowa campus, we have a proud athletic tradition that dates back to the late 1800s. Our Division III athletic program strives to drive our student-athletes to success in competition, the classroom, and beyond graduation. Check out some of the highlights of our program below, and contact us if you would like to be recruited for college sports at Buena Vista University.
Highlights of our Program
- 23 Academic All-Americans
- 220 All-Americans
- 55 Iowa Conference Championships
- 11 Individual NCAA Division III National Champions
- One Team NCAA Division III National Championship
BVU is an NCAA Division III school and a member of the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. We are proud to be the Buena Vista Beavers.
Recruit me for...
- 941 full-time students were enrolled on the Storm Lake campus for the 2011 fall semester.
- 1,524 students are enrolled at the locations of BVU Graduate & Professional Studies, which has graduated more than 13,000 students since it started over 30 years ago.
- 90 students are enrolled in graduate programs.
- Based on a response rate of 95 percent, 95 percent of the Class of 2011 was employed, in graduate school or otherwise satisfied with their career status within six months of graduation.
- Last year, 950 students, faculty and staff contributed approximately 19,600 hours of volunteer service.
- 75 percent of Storm Lake campus graduates and nearly 92 percent of Graduate & Professional Studies graduates stay in Iowa to work and contribute to their professions and their communities.
- 249 students participated in internships, experiential and active learning programs last year.
- 99 percent of Storm Lake campus students who applied for financial assistance last year received it.
- BVU provided approximately $11 million in student financial assistance out of its operating budget.
- One of every three BVU students participates in intercollegiate athletics on 19 NCAA Division III teams.
- 32 student-athletes were named to the Iowa All Conference Academic Team last year.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked BVU in the top tier of Midwestern baccalaureate institutions as one of America's top colleges for the 14th consecutive year.
Buena Vista recruits athletes to be leaders in sports and in their future careers. If you think you have the skills to be recruited, contact Buena Vista University in Storm Lake, Iowa to learn more.