Faculty Athletic Representatives
The Faculty Athletic Representative is:
- A member of the faculty
- A liaison between athletics and the university
- An official representative of the institution in NCAA & IIAC affairs
Buena Vista University Faculty Athletic Representatives are:
- Dr. Annamaria Elsden - Professor of English
- Dr. Brad Best - Associate Professor of Political Science
The Academic Affairs Committee shall nominate the Faculty Athletic Representatives which shall be subject to approval of the Faculty Senate.
Role of the Faculty Athletic Representative:
The role of the Faculty Athletic Representative is to ensure that the academic institution establishes and maintains a healthy and productive relationship between academics and intercollegiate athletics.
Duties of the Faculty Athletic Representative:
- Facilitates communication among various campus entities, in particular between the athletics department and the faculty governance structure.
- Promotes a balance between academics, athletics and the social lives of the student-athletes, which affords them opportunities to enjoy the full range of collegiate experiences available to students generally.
- Submits student-athlete eligibility reports, competition reports and medical hardship requests to the conference office.
- Attends IIAC & NCAA meetings.