International Student Application
Apply online via our secure server.
Admission Requirements - International Students at Buena Vista University
In order to be considered for admission, you must submit a completed application, which includes the items listed below. It is very important that you forward all of your documentation prior to the deadline, in order to receive admission and immigration documents in a timely manner. Please submit the following:
- A completed International Student Application for Admission.
- Official academic records with English translations from every academic institution attended beginning with the first year of secondary school. Records must include date of entry, date of completion, name of certificate/diploma received, dates of examination, and certified copies of supporting documents (marks reports).
- English proficiency to be verified by the results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), an equivalent score from another accredited testing agency may be accepted (IELTS, STEP, MET, etc.). SAT and/or ACT scores will also be accepted. All students are required to complete an English diagnostic upon arrival. Required Score for Full Acceptance: 550 Paper-based, 79 internet-based or 6.0 IELTS. Required Score for Conditional (ESL) Acceptance: 500 PBT, 59 iBT or 5.0 IELTS.
- A copy of your passport to ensure accuracy in preparing your admission and immigration documents.
- A certified statement of support and responsibility, with supporting documents from banks and/or sponsoring agencies. Bank statements should include the most recent six months of account activity.
All documentation must be original or a certified/attested copy.
Fall application deadline: May 1
Spring application deadline: October 1