What Is It?
The Dean's Fellowship Program is an opportunity for students who meet the academic criteria to enjoy additional academic and social benefits while attending Buena Vista University. Besides all of the perks, simply being recognized as a Dean's Fellow carries high prestige that goes beyond your time at BVU.
Only students who enter BVU right out of high school can become Dean's Fellowship students. You must meet two of the three following criteria in order to be considered:
- 26 ACT or higher
- High school rank in top 10% or
- 3.5 Grade Point Average or above
Qualified students must successfully complete an interview and an essay in order to be accepted.
As a Dean's Fellow, you are entitled to the following:
- A $1,500 travel stipend to be used for a credit-bearing travel experience of your choosing
- A $200 stipend for academic enrichment experiences such as graduate school entrance exams, graduate school application fees, conference attendance and/or internship experiences.
- Special invitations to on-campus and off-campus activities or events exclusively for Dean's Fellow students. Such events include graduate school visits, luncheons, study sessions and field trips.