Admissions process for the Master of Science in Education - Mental Health Counseling program
- Complete the online application form, including auto-biographical statements.
- Describe significant personal and/or professional experiences that influenced you to pursue the counseling profession.
- Describe a time when you advocated for or demonstrated leadership in something that mattered to you.
- Discuss messages you have received from your family of origin about people who were different from you and how your attitudes and experiences as an adult do or do not reflect those messages.
- Discuss what you anticipate will be the most challenging aspect of becoming a counselor.
- In entering a field dedicated to helping others, discuss how you would take care of yourself or attend to your well-being.
- Obtain 3 letters with supportive endorsement or recommendation from:
- Three letters of recommendation from supervisors, colleagues or former university instructors are required to complete your application package. Please print this form and submit to the Graduate Program Office after completion. Letters of recommendation are due prior to the application deadline to be eligible for consideration. Download the letter of recommendation form.
- Prepare for and take the BVU analytical writing assessment test, as arranged by the graduate specialist following submission of the application.
A new cohort begins each August. Applicants are encouraged to submit application materials as early as possible. Priority will be given to applications submitted before March 15. After March 15, applications will be considered on a rolling basis.