BVU’s two-year master’s degree program can be accomplished alongside your current teaching career. The master’s program provides the knowledge and strategies to put learning into practice in the classroom right away. Students also have to ability to choose from four master’s degree tracks in special education:
- Mild to moderate disabilities K-8 or 5-12
- Severe and profound cognitive disabilities
- Severe and profound learning and behavioral disabilities
- Comprehensive track (includes all four endorsements)
Many students also add one of the following endorsements to their master’s degree:
- Strategist I- Mild to moderate disabilities K-8 and 5-12: Teach students with mild to moderate disabilities in resource, inclusion, pull-out, and push-in models with students having exceptionalities in the area of mild to moderate disabilities.
- Strategist II:
- Option 1: Cognitive: Teach students with severe and profound cognitive or physical disabilities in grades K-12.
- Option 2: Behavior/learning: Teach students with severe and profound behavior or learning disabilities in grades K-12.